Friday, December 10, 2010

Helpful: Twitter

Since Josh has sent folks over here with a post about Twitter, I figured I'd share how I use Twitter as a communications professional. I currently work for the United Methodist Church and will soon be starting a job at Cellit, a digital marketing company in Chicago.

1. Post links that my followers find interesting and/or helpful
2. Link to great things that my followers are doing (they LOVE this)
3. Post official comments from leadership (since no one seems to check their email anymore)
4. Point followers to other leaders in the industry who might have inspirational/educational things to say
5. Give a little personality to our brand – I did this by making our Twitter icon a picture of Methodism founder John Wesley wearing an iPod

You can find me on Twitter at @mattkuzma. Good luck!

No comments: